5515 Spalding Drive Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
FOCUS OF GA IS SEEKING DISPATCHERS FOR A LOGISTICS COMPANY IN PEACHTREE CORNERS/ NORCROSS!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A WAREHOUSE POSITION
DURATION: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Peachtree Corners
PAY RATE: Based on Experience
JOB OVERVIEW: Transport Dispatch Coordinators move inter-modal boxes from the ship to the customer’ s door and from the customer to the ship using the most cost-effective means of transport.
- Produces fast and accurate documentation and delivery instructions
- Coordinates moves in the most cost-effective manner possible
- Creates work orders to and from rail and port for import and export cargo
- Traces cargo to final destination to ensure prompt delivery
- Researches and resolves issues that occur between the customs broker and the trucking vendors
- Issues weekly statements to trucking vendors for all work completed and adjusts work orders and statements as needed
- Monitors trucker and equipment accessibility to determine the availability of one-way transports for cost saving opportunities
- Clarifies and corrects invoice and work order discrepancies
- Evaluates carriers’ performance and issues service exceptions when needed
- Performs various inland pricing duties including quoting rates and tendering
- 2+ years’ experience as a Logistics Dispatcher preferred
- College Degree – Associate’ s or higher
- Must consent to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Must provide proper documentation for I-9 verification
If you meet the requirements herein and are interested in being considered for this position, APPLY NOW!