2 Peachtree Street St 48 420 Atlanta, GA 30303
Temporary Staff Attorney with contracts experience.
Length of assignment: 6 months
Payrate $45.00 hour
Work hours: Part time, 29 hours per week
Under limited supervision, oversees the provision of analysis and/or recommendations on legal issues within the scope and authority of the agency. Handles complex issues. May act as a lead worker and/or supervise support staff.
- Develops, oversees, and implements administrative processes designed to maintain and monitor the legal compliance of department processes
- Drafts amendments to existing contracts and standardized letters and notices related to administrative legal procedures
- Implements administrative processes designed to maintain and monitor the legal compliance of departmental processes and activities
- Participates in the implementation of settlements, agreements, and/or legal judgments within approved guidelines
- Prepares grant and contract proposals and administers contracts with funding agencies.
- Provides analysis, answers, or recommendations regarding complex legal, liability and/or risk-management issues
- Provides legal services such as writing articles and drafting new or amended legislation or regulations
- Provides research and analysis of legal, policy and environmental issues
- Researches and analyzes current statutory and case law affecting the agency and/or programs
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques for resolving problems
Juris Doctorate from an accredited college or university AND license to practice law in the State of Georgia OR eligibility to sit for the next Georgia Bar examination OR reciprocity AND Three years of relevant legal experience OR Three years of experience required at the lower level Attorney 3