Senior Procurement Specialist
245 Peachtree Center Avenue Atlanta, GA 30303
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Determine procurement strategy and develop and/or assist in the preparation of documents such as Invitations to Bid (ITBs), Request for Qualifications (RFQs), and Request for Proposals (RFPs), amendments, change orders, and task orders.
- Drive contract compliance for purchased goods, professional services and service/maintenance contracts.
- Assist with management of operational and maintenance related contracts, including those related to purchase of supplies, equipment or services.
- Manage contract and Purchase Order (PO) approval process.
- Guide organizational stakeholders through the procurement process. Work with other agency departments and staff regarding various procurement initiatives; work directly with finance staff to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Facilitate specification development with stakeholder teams as well as leading internal and external meetings related to such.
- Lead vendor response evaluation process; develop financial and technical evaluation documents; conduct analysis of vendor responses; verify vendor compliance, including, but not limited to E-Verify contractor affidavit and insurance; prepare final justification and recommendation for contract award.
- Assist procurement specialists, project managers and technical leads with contract monitoring and performance; advise procurement specialists, project managers and technical leads on procurement processes and procedures.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and processing contract amendments, change order, and renewals in accordance with applicable policies, rules, statues and regulations.
- Assist with tracking semi-annual Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) reporting data; identify opportunities for increased DBE participation.
- Communicate with employees, vendors, contractors, and others responding to questions regarding the Purchasing Card (PCard) program including appropriate use, spending limits, card status, Merchant Category Codes, fraud attempts, and Bank of America Works utilization.
- Utilize procurement application software, programs, and methodologies to support the strategic sourcing process including eRFP tools, PeopleSoft, Contract Guardian and other electronic tools; utilize tools to track and document spend and savings information.
- Establish and/or maintain a records retention and disposal system.
- Provide training and communicate policies and information pertinent to purchasing as appropriate.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of FTA and FHWA Circulars related to procurement practices, and other state and federal laws, and state purchasing rules and regulations; attend appropriate training.
- Review purchasing forms for completion and compliance; resolve and/or mediate purchasing issues.
- Interact with internal customers and external vendors in a manner that promotes respect, encourages cooperation, and contributes to excellent service delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Strong oral and written communication. Expresses ideas clearly and tailors communications appropriately for the intended audience.
- Team Oriented. Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions, especially when faced with new or complex issues. Recognizes the business concerns and perspectives of others and takes those into account when recommending solutions. Proven ability to lead teams as well as plan, manage and track procurements and contracts from inception to closeout.
- Flexible. Easily adapts to organizational, policy, and procedure changes. Proposes new methods, approaches, or technologies to help improve the organization.
- Analytical. Systematically compares alternatives; notices discrepancies or inconsistencies in available information. Approaches a complex problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Organized. Utilizes a system to keep track of information and work process. Carefully prepares for meetings and presentations. Able to coordinate several projects simultaneously and use time efficiently.
- Technically Proficient. Effectively uses computers and the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe LiveCycle, PeopleSoft, and DocuSign.
- Forward Thinking. Effectively identifies problems and solutions. Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance. Notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for future opportunities and/or challenges.
Completion of a four-year degree in business administration, public administration, industrial management or a related field from an accredited college or university AND three (3) years of purchasing or procurement experience in a large scale or comprehensive purchasing or procurement setting which included the processing of bids and the negotiation and administration of contracts OR the equivalent combination of applicable education, job specific experience, and competencies to successfully perform job as required. Previous experience working with federally funded contracts. Knowledge of purchasing manuals and forms, contractual processes and procedures, and budget and funding structure is required. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, and desire to work in a team-focused environment. Applicants must be well organized, detail oriented, responsive, respectful, cooperative and possess strong interpersonal acumen for interacting with a broad range of clients— internally and externally, with a varied education level. Solution-oriented and flexibility to adapt in a rapidly changing environment is an additional minimum qualification for applicants. Proficient in the use of computer and associated software applications. Ability to prioritize work and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Previous experience working in government or within the transit and/or tolling industry. Hands-on experience with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) or Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) funded procurements. NIGP certification.