Repair Technician - Level 3 - Warranty and Service Center
6190 Shiloh Crossing, Suite B Alpharetta, GA 30005
Our client in Alpharetta has a need for experienced solderers who have worked with small components (circuit boards). Monday-Friday, 7 am to 3: 30 pm or 4 pm to 12: 30 am. Some Saturdays as needed.
Perform repairs on Electronic Equipment and POS Terminals at the component level.
- Modifies, repairs, tests and installs electrical and electronic equipment and apparatus for power, controls and monitors systems following blue prints, manufacturer' s instructions and company specifications with the use of standard electrician' s tools and various electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Builds and performs tests on electrical and electronic systems components to determine operability.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning circuits and makes required repairs.
- May service or calibrate electronic test equipment or electronic control systems.
- Help write/rewrite process flow charts
- Confer with Process Engineer for best practices to improve our processes in the Repair Department
- Calibrate, adjust, perform final tests and prepare technical reports and documenting all the functions performed
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Carrying out any specific hardware customization and repairs
- Repair of terminals to component level.
- Loading Customer software onto Point-of-Sale terminals
- Testing the functionality of the Point-of-Sale terminals
- Updating database entries.
- Performing repairs as required by Engineering Change Orders
- Perform any project based rework on Point-of-Sales terminals
- Operating within pre-determined service level agreements.
- Maintaining and enhancing operating standards.
- Assembly and Disassembly of Electronic equipment, including but not limited to Point-of-Sale terminals
- Assisting in the identification and implementation of initiatives to drive improvements.
- Assisting in other areas of the Warranty & Service Centre daily activities as directed from time-to-time by Management.
- Maintain/repair equipment and required tools to meet “ clean room” environment
- This list is not exhaustive, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as required to fulfil the role
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies / Skills Requirements:
- Excellent soldering experience
- Strong computer skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Methodological approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own with limited supervision
- Strong team player
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- To be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, self-motivation, enthusiasm and initiative.
- Working knowledge of ESD protection and experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
Required Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s Degree or relevant experience in Electronics Industry or completion of an agreed training plan to the satisfaction of the Repair Team lead and the Repair Center Supervisor
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in repairs and diagnostics in Electronics Industry
- IPC 610 certification is preferred but not required. Candidate must have excellent soldering experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout 75% of the day. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the repair center to access file cabinets, office machinery, and repair tools etc. This position requires the constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer, POS terminals, repair tools, calculator; copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with internal clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 30 pounds in order to assist with installation process.
This job operates in a professional repair center / warehouse environment. The job may require alternate shifts and the shift schedule may change as required (may include weekends and some holidays).