245 Peachtree Center Avenue Atlanta, GA 30303
Our client with the state of Georgia is in need of a Procurement Specialist. This will be a contract to possible hire opportunity.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, 1st shift
Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
Procurement experience in the public or private sector welcomed. Also, knowledge/experience with FTA is a plus.
Please read full description below to ensure you meet qualifications before applying.
Under general supervision of the Procurement & Contracts Manager, this position serves as a middle level procurement/sourcing specialist and works closely with the Legal and Finance business units. Duties include managing procurements, drafting solicitation documents, evaluation tools, and any other procurement-related documents, managing communication with proposers; planning, overseeing, and coordinating the purchasing, and distribution of materials, products and services; contract management of all company contracts, MOUs, etc.; and ensuring adherence to regulatory guidelines. Maintains detailed knowledge of appropriate State and Federal guidelines. Develops, executes, and monitors procurement strategies that are designed to maximize internal customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Participates in on-going category, vendor performance management, and purchasing activities within the agency.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Assist with management of operational and maintenance related contracts, including those related to purchase of supplies, equipment or services.
- Track requisitions for purchased items; manage approval process.
- Develop and/or assist in the preparation of documents such as Invitations for Bid (IFBs), Request for Qualifications (RFQs), and Request for Proposals (RFPs), amendments, change orders, and task orders.
- Participate in the vendor response evaluation process; develop financial and technical evaluation documents; conduct analysis of vendor responses; verify vendor compliance, including but not limited to E-Verify contractor affidavit and insurance; prepare final justification and recommendation for contract award.
- Assist project manager/technical lead with contract monitoring and performance.
- Coordinate the renewal and extension of contracts.
- Assist with tracking semi-annual Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) reporting data; identify opportunities for increased DBE participation.
- Communicate with employees, vendors, contractors, and others responding to questions regarding the Purchasing Card (PCard) program including appropriate use; spending limits; card status; Merchant Category Codes; fraud attempts; and Works entry, completion, and navigation.
- Participate in procurement application projects; adopt and utilize new procurement application software, programs, and methodologies to support the strategic sourcing process including eRFP tools, State systems, Contract Assistant and other electronic tools; utilize tools to track and document spend and savings information.
- Establish and/or maintain a records retention and disposal system.
- Provide training and communicate policies and information pertinent to purchasing as appropriate.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of SRTA and GRTA Procurement Manuals, FTA Circulars related to procurement practices, and other state and federal laws, and state purchasing rules and regulations; attend appropriate training.
- Work with other departments and staff regarding various procurement initiatives; work directly with finance staff to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Assist in the development of standard specifications.
- Review purchasing forms for completion and compliance.
- Resolve and/or mediate purchasing issues.
- Use computer system to reference vendor and purchasing information.
- Interact with internal customers and external vendors in a manner that promotes respect, encourages cooperation, and contributes to excellent service delivery.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Strong oral and written communication. Expresses ideas clearly and tailors communications appropriately for the intended audience.
- Team Oriented. Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions, especially when faced with new or complex issues. Recognizes the business concerns and perspectives of others and takes those into account when recommending solutions.
- Flexible. Easily adapts to organizational, policy, and procedure changes. Proposes new methods, approaches, or technologies to help improve the organization.
- Analytical. Systematically compares alternatives; notices discrepancies or inconsistencies in available information. Approaches a complex problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Organized. Utilizes a system to keep track of information and work process. Carefully prepares for meetings and presentations.
- Forward Thinking. Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance. Notices trends in the industry or marketplace and develops plans to prepare for future opportunities and/or challenges.
- Completion of a four-year degree in business administration, public administration, industrial management or a related field from an accredited college or university OR three years of purchasing or procurement experience in a large scale or comprehensive purchasing or procurement setting which included the processing of bids and the negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Knowledge of purchasing manuals and forms, contractual processes and procedures, and budget and funding structure is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, and desire to work in a team-focused environment.
- Applicants must be well organized, detail oriented, and possess strong interpersonal acumen for interacting with a broad range of clients— internally and externally, with a varied education level.
- Goal oriented and flexibility to adapt to the needs of the agency on a daily basis is an additional minimum qualification for applicants.
- Proficient in the use of computer and associated software applications.
- Ability to prioritize work and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants must possess company' s core values of Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Customer Focus, and Diversity.
- Previous experience working in government or with the transit and/or tolling industry.
- Previous experience with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funded procurements.