1000 Parkwood Circle SE , Suite 1000 Atlanta, GA 30339 US
A global energy services company. They operate and staff power plants.
Payroll Specialist 75k-85k
Training is 100% in office. After training this will be a hybrid position 3 or 4 days in office/ 1 or 2 remote. 8: 30am-5: 30pm with some flexibility
7+ years of direct payroll processing experience including multi-state payroll. This position will assist with benefits and on-boarding. Payroll is processed weekly. Average payroll is processed for 350-400 employees for 20+ states.
Must be a Super User with ADP Workforce Now and familiarity with accounting software (Databasics, Great Plains)
The Payroll Specialist is a full-cycle payroll person responsible for managing the payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government tax regulations and reporting. Will enter and manage the weekly payroll, tax and related reporting for all PIC employees. The Payroll Specialist will work closely with the HR and Finance teams to ensure that projects are setup properly to flow through the multiple systems (GP, Databasics, ADP).
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university desired.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct payroll processing experience for a multi-state organization.
- International payroll experience a plus.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant payroll functions, including preparation, input, balancing, internal control, auditing and payroll taxes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong proficiency with payroll (Super User) within ADP Workforce Now and familiarity with accounting software (Databasics, Great Plains)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be dependable, follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, ability to work long hours when necessary to meet deadlines, completes work in a timely manner, asks for and offers help when needed, and meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions, including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates, including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions for all employees and company.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Ensures proper setup of tax liens, garnishments, child support payments and ensures proper reporting to federal and state agencies.
- Responds to all unemployment, garnishment, child support payments, medical and payroll support notices from federal and state agencies.
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, and expenses to be reimbursed from time sheets and other records. Maintains electronic employee files within ADP system.
- Reviews payroll registers and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Creates and enters financial journal entries for payroll reports; reconciles all cost accounts for gross wages, per diem, expenses, advances, child support and garnishments on a weekly basis.
- Participates in audits by providing necessary records and documentation to auditors (internal and external), ex: workers compensation annual audit.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures as needed.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions; prepare weekly/monthly reports for management (headcount, payroll numbers, and others as needed).
- Maintains log of employee deductions to recover advances and underpayments and ensures proper reconciliations.
- Benefits and department invoicing.
- Supports Commercial and Sales teams with requests for payroll and tax rates for new proposals and contracts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
- Weekly payroll, will be involved in reaching out to remind employees to submit timesheets and approvals by managers each week.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, Vision, long and short term disability, 401k, voluntary life insurance
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
Patricia brings 9+ years of recruiting experience, specializing in direct-hire and hard-to-find talent. She has a passion for creating a solid professional match between candidates and companies - becoming a trusted advisor while providing a world-class experience. She spends her free time with her 4-legged furbaby Lexi and is involved in animal rescue. Patricia also enjoys learning new things, music, and cooking.