Patient Account Specialist
5555 Glenridge Connector Suite 700 Atlanta, GA 30342
CSR needed for a customer in the Perimeter Mall area.
This is a long-term temporary assignment.
Monday-Friday, 10: 30AM-7: 00PM. $16.00 per hour.
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’ s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable. Following are the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain Daily communication with Team Leaders/Section Leaders
- Maintain a high level customer service approach to working with Accounts Receivable Specialists, payors and centers.
- Establish and maintain a high level customer service approach to working with all patients.
- PAS will work each call to it’ s conclusion including but not limited to working with other teams to research, review and respond to the patient’ s needs and provide follow up within 24 hour period.
- PAS will be responsible for assigned reports that will be completed in the allotted timeframe. This will include but not limited to Bankruptcies, Death notifications, Agency Referral, Hold Reports, Cancellation reports, Payment Plan reports, statement requests, Address mail changes and any other report that will need to be worked to complete patient record.
- PAS will be responsible for collecting unpaid balances.
- PAS will be responsible for processing and batching credit card payments.
- PAS are responsible for reviewing and completing all assigned reports within allotted time frame.
- PAS are responsible for updating patient demographic information from returned mail and address correction reports.
Required knowledge, skills and ability:
- Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff.
- Ability to handle service issues professionally.
- Ability to follow through with customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to coordination the pre-collection without losing scan and increasing cancellation rate.
- Ability to type proficiently.
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center.
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes.
- Maintain focus under pressure.
- Share relevant information with other employees.
- Volunteer to assist others when time permits.
Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology.
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly.
- Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits.
All other duties as assigned.
§ High School Diploma or GED required
§ Associate’ s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
§ 2 years Medical Billing experience required
§ Medical insurance billing and claims processing preferred
§ CPAR – Certified Patient Account Representative preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
§ Hands on knowledge of CPT and ICD codes
§ Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
§ Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
§ Epic or eClinicalWorks experience
§ Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word