Loss Mitigation Specialist
60 Executive Park South, N.E. Atlanta, GA 30329
Loss Mitigation Specialist needed in the Executive Park area. $17.00 per hour.
- Essential Duties:
- Review loss mitigation package documentation in a timely manner to determine if the borrower has submitted a complete loss mitigation package or if additional documents are needed
- Prepare, scan, and index all loss mitigation intake documents.
- Activate loss mitigation module for all new loss mitigation applications within 24 hours of receipt
- Request credit reports, escrow analysis, valuations title, and insurer/investor documents to facilitate the review of those making decisions
- Monitor status of repayment plans, forbearance plans, and trial period plans and update servicing system and investor system of record with payment records as needed
- Decline files as directed in accordance with departmental guidelines as set forth by investor/client/insurer guidelines and send appropriate denial letter if borrower does not return additional documents or appeal documents by deadline
- Accurately and timely update servicing system to reflect current status of file
- Mail additional document request notifications to borrowers within allotted timeframe to remain in compliance
- Mail acknowledgment letters to borrowers within allotted compliance timeframe
- Mail all approval, denial, and appeal decision letters within allotted compliance timeframe
- Handle all written correspondence between the borrowers, client, investor, insurer, subordinate lien holders, real estate agents, consumer credit counselling services, foreclosure attorney, and 3rd party vendors
- Manage files from acknowledgment to submission
- Sort and distribute incoming loss mitigation mail to appropriate team members
- Request and follow up on foreclosure holds as necessary
- Request and follow up on foreclosure cost and fee
- Release daily Loss Mitigation print jobs
- Monitor daily missing document exception report
- Monitor daily appeals received exception report
- Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of mortgage and default documentation.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. Solid decision making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
- College degree preferred, High School Diploma required
- One (1) year Collections, Loss Mitigation, mortgage servicing, or loan processing experience.
- Black Knight experience preferred.