Legal Services Coordinator
1800 Century Blvd Atlanta, GA 30345 US
Legal Services Coordinator
Hourly Pay Rate: $28.00 an hour
Work Schedule: 8 hours per day, Monday – Friday, they can select 8 AM -5 PM or 8: 30 AM -5: 30 PM
Hybrid position 3 days onsite/ 2 telework. - Office in Atlanta GA.
Job Description/Main Duties:
OVERVIEW OF JOB:
The Legal Services Administrator is a temporary assignment with the purpose of supporting the companies Legal Consultants in their oversight of program compliance relating to the provision of rental and utility assistance to Georgia applicants. Specifically, as it relates to the program’s eviction prevention assistance, and appeal and fraud process. It is a grant funded position that will terminate upon the end of the grant.
Under the direction of the companies Legal Consultants, responsible for assisting the Operations team in compliance with policies/procedures related to all training, including the update of program policies or procedures and implementation of a associated training curriculum and job aids, as needed. Responsible for assisting the Legal Consultants in managing the appeals process through monitoring of the Legal mailbox and responding to all requests for appeals; conducting preliminary review of denial requests to determine the current application status and denial reason; maintaining the Appeals Tracking Log.
Responsible for assisting the Legal Consultants in managing the fraud process through monitoring of the Legal mailbox and other communications on reported fraud; conduct preliminary review of fraud reports to determine the current application status and specific allegation of fraud; under guidance of Investigators, contact reporters of fraud for additional information; maintaining the internal and OIG fraud tracking logs.
Responsible for assisting Legal Consultants in managing requests received from courts and providing updates. This position will track applications and provide dates to the processing team regarding when applications need to be processed for payment prior to the court date. This position may respond to calls/emails from Magistrate Courts on status updates, monitor eviction hearing cases, verify documents needed, and process the application from start to finish as needed to ensure that the application is processed timely. Some travel to courts within the Fulton/Gwinnett/Dekalb/Clayton Counties area may be required.
Respond politely and courteously to customer inquiries via email and telephone and make sure that any problems they have are directed to the appropriate parties for resolution. Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Exhibit enthusiasm for solving problems and be comfortable with change.
• Experience working in databases and/or content management systems.
• Must maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive records.
• Must have attention to detail for repetitive tasks that involve large amounts of data.
• Must have strong project management skills to manage tasks with little oversight.
• Must be fluent with Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Must exhibit strong oral and written communication, particularly in composing emails in a professional manner.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills, positive attitude and work well under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Electronic records management experience.
PREFERENCE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience working at a Law Office, Court house, or in the Legal field
• Paralegal Certificate
Meet Your Recruiter
Edolia is a talented recruiter who began working in the HR and Recruiting space in 2015. Her passion for delivering elevated customer service and helping others has allowed her to excel within the industry. Edolia appreciates the little things in life, like watching sci-fi and crime dramas with her kids. In addition, she enjoys trying new recipes and spending time at the beach.