4640 North Henry Blvd Stockbridge, GA 30281
Job Title: Inventory/Purchasing Clerk
20 hours per week, 8am-12pm, M-F
Job Summary: This is an administrative position responsible for assisting in the procurement of goods and services needed using competitive bids and to provide clerical, inventory and administrative support.Other duties may include special assignments in the scope of purchasing activities. This position reports to the Procurement Supervisor.
- Drafts and sends contract amendments and renewals using provided templates.
- Ensures timely execution to avoid disruption of services.
- Assists with the preparation, organization, and coordination of the purchasing division’ s surplus activities. Catalogs, photographs, and maintains inventory of surplus property in preparation for public auction; coordinates pickup and post-auction.
- Utilizes computer to properly account for issues, returns, receipts of new materials and associated back orders; inputs essential data on all materials handled; adheres to strict accounting procedures in this regard;
- Conducts weekly cycle counts of inventory materials based upon computer-monitored suggested re-order listing; assists in conducting complete physical inventory count annually;
- Organizes and maintains inventory and works with staff to ensure the efficient material storage and handling; maintains labeling system on all inventoried items; on occasion may manually stocks inventory shelving with stock items received or returned;
- Compiles and maintains records for fixed assets; maintain inventory list for city assets.
- Updates and prepares lists for proper sale and disposal of items declared surplus;
- Assists with purchasing and contracting documentation. Manages electronic database, compiles information and generates various reports.
- Assists during formal and informal bidding, RFI’ s, RFQ’ s and RFP’ s, which may include but not limited to: creating specifications, posting legal advertisements, emailing prospective bidders, answering vendor questions, receiving bids, providing recommendation on bid award, notifying vendors of award recommendation, and developing council communications.
- Performs related duties as required by a supervisor/manager within your department and/or division.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Knowledge of inventory control practices;
- Knowledge of computer terminal operation;
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions relating to equipment operation, loading and unloading of materials;
- Skill in operating of assigned equipment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors; ability to organize items by broad and specific classifications;
- Ability to perform minor equipment maintenance and repair;
- Ability to follow standard safety practice and procedures common to equipment operation work;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction;
- Ability to maintain accurate records with some knowledge of mathematical conversions.
Supervisory Controls: The Purchasing Supervisor assigns work. Work is spot-checked in progress and reviewed when completed for accuracy, nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines: Guidelines include departmental and safety policies and procedures and supervisory instructions. These guidelines are clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
Complexity: This is administrative and technical work that consists of related inventory control duties.
Scope and Effect: The purpose of this position is to supervise the receipt and distribution of materials and supplies to City departments and maintain the inventory management system utilizing computer software.
Personal Contacts: Contacts are typically with co-workers and vendors.
Purpose of Contacts: Contacts are typically to exchange information and provide services.
Physical Demands: The work is typically performed with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee must frequently lift light and heavy objects, equipment and materials, climb ladders, and use tools or equipment requiring a moderate degree of dexterity. Must be able to lift 50lbs or more.
Work Environment: The work is typically performed in and outdoors. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, irritating chemicals, machinery with moving parts, and occasional hot, cold or inclement weather. This work may require the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles or gloves.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility: None.
Minimum Qualifications: High School degree and/or associate degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or related field; three (3) years of purchasing and inventory control experience; must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Must be proficient in Microsoft.