Grants and Contract Financial Analyst
505 10th Street,NW Atlanta, GA 30332
TITLE: G&C Financial Analyst II
Responsible for timely review and action of sponsored awards, annual project reviews, cost transfers, close-out reviews, and serves as a central administrative liaison to assigned Colleges, departments, and/or other business units. Manage a portfolio of increased complexity, research and resolve complex issues.
IMPACT & INFLUENCE:
This position will interact on a regular basis with: Unit management team, faculty and campus financial administrators. This position typically will advise and counsel: Unit management team, faculty and campus financial administrators. This position will supervise: NA
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Establish fund and project demographics related to financial administration.
- Provide policy and procedure interpretation, feedback and input on changes to existing processes or implementation of new policies and/or processes.
- Participate in the resolution of audit findings; advise and provide resolution to principal investigators, research support personnel and financial administrators on policies and government regulations.
- Timely review and action of sponsored awards identified on management reports.
- Annual project review and reconciliation.
- Fund/project close-out review and resolution.
- Serve as a central administrative liaison to assigned colleges, departments and/or business units.
- Review and process cost transfers.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Degrees required for this job: Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Years of experience required for this job: Three years job related experience.
Certifications or licenses required for this job:
Certifications or licenses preferred: Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA)
Specialized skills required for this job:
This job requires professional knowledge of accounting principles, practices and management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Experience with enterprise financial software, proficient with Microsoft Office suite, attention to detail, ability to problem solve and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding post-award financial research administration.
Specialized skills preferred:
Customer service experience with academic faculty.
Schedule Monday - Friday 8: 00 am - 5: 00 pm
Pay $24 /hr