500 Tech Parkway Atlanta, GA 30313
Financial Analyst position
Provide financial support for the life cycle of sponsored programs. Review contracts to determine financial compliance requirements, and application of complex CLIN/ACRN work breakdown structure program management, preparation of cost proposals, project invoicing, budget preparation and monitoring, project close-out. Develop and compile financial data and conduct often complex analyses, reconciliations and projections. Prepare a full range of financially related reports.
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Office of Sponsored Programs, Project Directors, Assistant Financial Directors and other campus financial personnel.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Review RFP’ s and Solicitations for proposal preparation and submission requirements
· Prepare costing data and cost volumes
· Extensive interaction with OSP, Project Directors and external customers
· Review terms and conditions of contracts to determine financial/billing requirements
· Develop and organize data required for project setup at the CLIN levels; determine approach and develop project parameters
· Prepare Billing
· Audit Unbillable Costs
· Serve as liaison between SPS, OSP, and GTARC for proposal and billing resolutions
· Remain current on financial reporting requirements, applicable regulations, processes, etc.
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Education, Specialized Knowledge and Experience:
Degrees required: Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Degree preferred: MBA
Years of experience required: Minimum of 5 years in professional level accounting/finance related field;
Years preferred: 5+
Strong experience in government contracting; application of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices; advanced financial analysis and forecasting techniques; use of financial/accounting related software; knowledge of FAR, project management, excellent communications skills
Government contracting, understanding and interpretation of solicitations and contract documents, proposal and billing; ability to apply knowledge of regulations and reporting requirements specific to government and industry contracting activity; experience with CostPoint Billing module application and Propricer application.