Financial Analyst II
500 Tech Parkway Atlanta, GA 30313
Financial Analyst II needed for a customer in Smyrna. This is a potential temp to hire position with a large university. First shift Monday-Friday, paying $30.00 per hour.
Provide financial support for the life cycle of sponsored programs. Review contracts to determine financial compliance requirements, and application of complex CLIN/ACRN work breakdown structure program management, preparation of cost proposals, project invoicing, budget preparation and monitoring, project close-out. Develop and compile financial data and conduct often complex analyses, reconciliations and projections. Prepare a full range of financially related reports.
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Office of Sponsored Programs, Project Directors, Assistant Financial Directors and other campus financial personnel.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Review RFP’ s and Solicitations for proposal preparation and submission requirements
· Prepare costing data and cost volumes
· Extensive interaction with OSP, Project Directors and external customers
· Review terms and conditions of contracts to determine financial/billing requirements
· Develop and organize data required for project setup at the CLIN levels; determine approach and develop project parameters
· Prepare Billing
· Audit Unbillable Costs
· Serve as liaison between SPS, OSP, and GTARC for proposal and billing resolutions
· Remain current on financial reporting requirements, applicable regulations, processes, etc.
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Education, Specialized Knowledge and Experience:
Degrees required: Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Degree preferred: MBA
Years of experience required: Minimum of 5 years in professional level accounting/finance related field;
Years preferred: 5+
Strong experience in government contracting; application of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices; advanced financial analysis and forecasting techniques; use of financial/accounting related software; knowledge of FAR, project management, excellent communications skills
Government contracting, understanding and interpretation of solicitations and contract documents, proposal and billing; ability to apply knowledge of regulations and reporting requirements specific to government and industry contracting activity; experience with CostPoint Billing module application and Propricer application.