270 Washington St SW Atlanta, GA 30334
Executive Assistant opportunity available in downtown Atlanta. This assignment is expected to run through the end of February. Pay rate is $20.30 per hour.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Over three years of related experience required.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in a related field to include two years’ experience as an executive assistant for a high level administrator.
- Experience in presentation computer software to include PowerPoint is desired.
The Executive Assistant supports the Vice Chancellor and the Assistant Vice Chancellor. This position is responsible for overseeing executive administrative support for the office and specifically for the Vice Chancellor. The position must work cooperatively with other departments, institutions and state agencies as well as vendors, and national contacts. The position requires significant independent decision-making and sensitivity to protocol and procedures in the higher education and governmental environment. The successful candidate will be highly organized, have excellent clerical and administrative capabilities, have strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to bring effective closure to office issues and concerns.
- Manages the calendar and travel itineraries for the Vice Chancellor and the Assistant Vice Chancellor.
- Acts as the initial point for contact for the Vice Chancellor' s office.
- Screens calls and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; schedules appointments and meetings.
- Prepares materials for the Facilities Advisory Board and other meetings.
- Receives, sorts and prioritizes mail and email correspondence; prepares response or forward as appropriate.
- Communicates with a broad set of constituents, including representatives of the Board of Regents, college presidents, Vice Chancellors and other members of System Office staff, members of the Governor' s staff, legislators and members of the general public.
- Completes and submits travel requests and reimbursement statements.
- Prepares documents for signature and distribution.
- Responsible for purchasing office supplies and acquiring the appropriate authorizations for purchases
- Organizes meetings, breakfasts, luncheons, and other regular and special events on behalf of the Vice Chancellor.
- Maintains the office filing system for the organization of a variety of documents and reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.