2 Peachtree Street NW Suite 24-213 Atlanta, GA 30303
Contracts Specialist needed in downtown Atlanta. Monday-Friday first shift. $18.00 per hour.
Under limited supervision, develops, processes, approves, and oversees legal contracts and compliance within stated guidelines. This position deals with large volume of documents and requires good attention to detail. The work environment is fast paced and successful applicant will be required to turnaround documents within a short period of time.
- Determines appropriate method for obtaining services and selects language for contracting.
- Participates in the coordination and implementation of contracts.
- Participates in the development and implements contracting policies and procedures.
- Reviews the Monthly Income Expense Reimbursement (MIER) forms i.e. invoices received from contractors and process for payment.
- Manages payments to contracts and ensure contract budgets are not exceeded.
- Ensures that projects are properly documented in according to established procedures and record retention policy.
- Performs research, evaluation and analysis for monitoring performance for compliance/non-compliance of contracts.
- Prepares contracts in compliance with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations and agency/department requirements.
- Prepares, processes, and reconciles contract documents and reimbursement requests.
- Prepares solicitation tools as appropriate for the procurement of services for Department' s consumers and follow through up to contract award.
- Reviews contract specifications before solicitation and ensure available funding.
- Takes appropriate actions with regard to contract compliance, progress and corrective actions.
- Minimum bachelor' s degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, intermediate to advanced Excel highly preferred