2 Peachtree Street 25th floor Atlanta, GA 30303
Communications Manager needed for a short term assignment in downtown Atlanta. $30.00 per hour.
Length of Assignment: 2 months
Working Hours: 9am-6pm
Temporary Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Designs messages pertaining to the agency, unit, and department,
- Uses print and other media to communicate outgoing message
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with area business community, internal and external agency customers, and other related contacts
- Support media relations posture by drafting press releases
- 5 years of mass communication or media relations experience
- Undergraduate degree in communications or government-related field from an accredited college or university
- 3 years of state government experience
- Experience in news writing or public relations and editing
- Ability to connect on a professional level with clients and teammates.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while effectively and accurately managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadline.
- Must work well independently with a high level of responsibility.
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of professional best practices and of applicable state and federal laws.
- Expert in using the full range of communications vehicles (e.g., press releases, blog posts, customer stories, contributed articles, media pitches, events, award submissions, video, social media, etc.).
- Innovative, data-driven thinker with firm convictions as well as flexibility to shift priorities and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results.
- Research skills ability to source and synthesize information from multiple sources and summarize/present key findings.
- Superior attention to detail and organization / project management skills.
- Results oriented, committed to quality of product and service, with desire to raise the bar.
- Self motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment, with the innate drive to learn and pick up new challenges.
- Capable of working well independently and collaboratively across functions.