Clinical Incident Management Analyst
2 Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30303
Clinical Incident Management Analyst Job Description:
Responsible for reviewing and evaluating critical incident reports and safety plans. Completes Health and Safety Risk Reviews, determines whether an investigation is required, and makes appropriate referrals to stakeholders. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates corrective action plans. Ensures accurate and timely data entry and collection and provides support for data and reports as requested. Communicates effectively and professionally with a variety of stakeholders.
- Review and evaluate Critical Incident Reports and Safety Plans to assess the risk to individuals served.
- Conduct Health and Safety Risk Reviews for incidents, including related to deaths, to determine appropriate course of action regarding risks to the health and safety of individuals served.
- Make referrals for investigations and other follow-up as required to ensure the safety and welfare of individuals served.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with providers, coroners, and other stakeholders, including while conducting interviews, providing feedback, and coordinating referrals.
· Utilizing clinical skills, request, review, analyze, and evaluate corrective action plans.
· Navigate complex computerized records systems while maintaining security and integrity in accordance with regulations and standard operating procedures.
· Coordinate and work collaboratively with other offices and divisions within DBHDD.
· Consult with other staff to solve operational or data problems.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
· Manage workload through reviewing, validating and auditing of data and databases in compliance with standard operating procedures, and guidelines.
· Maintain personal responsibility for consistency and accuracy of work and create self-guided systems as needed to do so.
· Prioritize work in line with Department of Accountability and Compliance priorities.
· Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Experience with the DBHDD provider networks, including the state hospital system.
· Experience in clinical auditing; identification of deficient practices; completion and implementation of corrective action plans
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and thinking
· Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
· Experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders
· 2+ years of experience with direct client/consumer contact
- Works accurately, efficiently and independently. Flexibility and ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, high productivity environment.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail that results in accurate and timely processing of cases.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to maneuver multiple databases in the collection and submission of information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
The ideal candidate has a clinical background (social work, nursing, behaviorist, therapist etc.) and experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, behavioral health, or addictive disease. Minimum degree requirement is Bachelors, Masters in a related field is preferred, although experience can be considered in place of the Master’ s degree.
Hours: 8: 00 am - 4: 30 pm
Location: Downtown Atlanta
Compensation: $20/hour. Negotiable
Duration: Approximately 2-4 months with a possible temp-to-perm role