Bilingual Customer Service Representative / Logistics
61 St. Joseph Street, #1402 Mobile, AL 36602
FOCUS OF GA IS SEEKING A LOGISTICS CUSTOMER SERVICE - AIR & OCEAN IMPORTS AGENT FOR OUR CLIENT IN MOBILE, AL!
Pay: $45, 000-50, 000 annually
Duration: Direct Hire, perm position
Location: Mobile, AL 36602, role can become hybrid of in office and work from home after 90 days
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 am to pm (can be a little flexible)
Benefits: Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts, Dental plan, Life & AD&D, Long Term Disability, Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans, Two weeks’ vacation, sick and personal time, floating holidays, AFLAC, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Ocean Import Agent oversees all aspects of the customer’ s request, including communication with the office/agent, customs, and the client. The agent ensures exceptional follow-up of ocean import shipments and thorough internal and external communication regarding any delays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare quotes for customers and agents using our Quotation system; negotiate rates with carriers; coordinate shipping arrangements.
- Coordinate and arrange freight shipments with our Overseas and US agents and partners.
- Receive pre-alerts, break down documents, set up files; review documents to confirm parties, incoterms, etc.
- Check status with carriers on all shipments.
- Send shipment details to the customer; maintain customer updates.
- Organize and prepare documentation to provide to CBH for clearance.
- Dispatch truckers, arrange delivery to customer – expedited/regular.
- Notify Warehouse for bond transfer (where applicable).
- Check PODs and charges.
- Bill shipment(s) to customer promptly or forward, along with necessary back up, to the Billing Department by required time frames
- Support and maintain the Quality System (ISO) by working closely with management, sales, and/or operations to ensure goals and objectives are met with regard to the function(s) of this position.
- Ensure adherence to procedures for any issues of non-conformance that could or do directly affect the success of the Quality System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of freight forwarding with a focus on ocean import operations.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; able to professionally communicate with Customers, Agents, and sales.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Good working knowledge Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook; freight forwarding software.
- Enthusiastic, positive and internally driven with a sense of urgency and “ whatever-it-takes” attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment at all levels of the organization, or work independently with little or no supervision, to achieve results.
- Effective interpersonal skills that result in loyal, long-term customer relationships.
- Practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or direction from customer or management.
- 1-3 years’ experience in international logistics operations.
- 2 -3 years customer service experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Roberto began his career in 2012 in the Industrial Staffing industry. His passion for people comes from his desire to help others find a career path to enhance their personal and professional lives. In addition, he enjoys playing sports, spending time with his family, and being outdoors.