200 Piedmont Avenue, S.E. Atlanta, GA 30334
An organization in the public sector is currently seeking an energetic and dedicated Administrative Assistant for the financial office.
This role is currently remote/virtual and will likely turn into a hybrid role by the end of the year. Eventually, the department may return working full time in person. With the right candidate, this is a contract to hire position.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8: 00 am to 5: 00 pm
Pay: $16.50 - $18.50 per hour
Employment Type: W2 contract role with the possibility to transition into a permanent placement.
The Administrative Assistant will be a main liaison and greeter for all visitors to the office as well as provide support for the Chief Financial Officer and Fiscal Services Team. This role includes a variety of clerical and/or administrative duties and would offer the individual an opportunity to utilize their creative abilities and organizational skills in a customer focused work environment. This position requires a consistent high level of exceptional customer service in every task.
- Greets office visitors and clients; determines the nature of their business and provides appropriate information or direct visitors to other personnel.
- Answers, screens and routes telephone calls to appropriate department, unit or individual.
- Provides administrative support such as typing, filing, processing mail and maintains content for select pages in agency web site and Intranet site.
- Maintains organized and current record keeping system, including computerized record keeping.
- Composes, proofreads, and edits documents or materials before submitting them for signature or review. Prepares and distributes copies of final materials within a timely manner.
- Maintains and keeps clean and organized receptionist area, work space, and break room.
- Maintains adequate supplies of materials used in the office and places orders through the PeopleSoft application.
- Performs all duties related to being a Purchasing Card requestor; makes purchases for the office, monthly reconciliation, assist with Account Receivable collections, etc.
- Performs calendar management duties as required; schedule meetings and send meeting requests.
- Creates and distributes agendas for the weekly Managers Meetings and Monthly Fiscal Staff Meetings. The Administrative Assistant should be able to facilitate these meetings if necessary, take notes of actionable tasks, and distribute those minutes to the team.
- Responsible for the schedule/booking and use of conference rooms.
- Responsible for managing the Agency wireless phone master account.
- Compiles data and prepares spreadsheets, charts and presentation materials, using presentation software to prepare and/or edit presentations
- Responsible for registering fiscal staff for training and/or conferences and arrange payment for attendance fees.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide support to both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Basic analytic and problem-solving skills; strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use computer programs, calendar function and electronic research sources.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize workload.
- Ability to use proper judgment in selecting which issues to handle or re-direct.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience
- OR Four years of related experience.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following items below.
- Five or more years of administrative support experience.
- Experience providing administrative support at the executive level.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Visio and PowerPoint software.
- Experience with data collection, data compilation and report design using one or more database programs.