Accounts Receivable Associate
200 Galleria Pkwy Suite 900 Atlanta, GA 30339
Position Description (General role information, job purpose, main objectives of the role)
The Associate is responsible for billing and collection tasks. This individual creates invoices, initiates payment drafts and resolves billing issues. The Accounts Receivable Associate also maintains accurate records for all transactions and correspondence.
Duties and Responsibilities Include: (Scope of the role, day to day activities, expected outcomes, highlights any complexities associated with the role)
· Creates invoices for billable fuel sales.
· Creates draft notices to collect payments.
· Actively works to resolve billing issues.
· Documents critical detailed notes for each disputed invoice to provide a historical account of decisions, progress made, and information discovered.
· Maintains communication with other departments to address areas for improvement, proactively offering solutions and implementing changes.
· Documents billing discrepancies and resolves customer-specific recurring billing issues proactively.
· Provides general clerical and accounting assistance to the department.
· Participates in special projects and handles all other assigned duties as required.
Work Experience/ Education: (Required work experience and education / preferred experience and education that is beneficial to the role. Work experience can include management experience or any functional expertise where proficiency is necessary to be successful in the role)
· High School Graduate/GED required.
· 1-2 years working experience required, preferably in an accounting function.
· 2+ years data entry experience preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
· Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
· Motivated self-starter with drive to get things done.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Role Specific Competencies: (kinds of behavior and skills needed in addition to leadership qualities or core values)
· Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done/ Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal/ Uses resources effectively and efficiently/ Arranges information and files in a useful manner
· Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’ s important/ Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside/ Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal/ Eliminates roadblocks/ Creates focus
· Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently/ Values time/ Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities/ Gets more done in less time than others/ Can attend to a broader range of activities
· Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems/ A relentless and versatile learning/ Open to change/ Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement/ Experiments and will try anything to find solutions/ Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks/ Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
· Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers/ Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services/ Acts with customers in mind/ Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect