2 Peachtree Street 25th floor Atlanta, GA 30303
The pay rate is $22/hr
The assignment will begin as soon as candidates are selected
There is not an expiration date for the assignment.
Oversees multiple federal, state and locally funded grants.
- Monitors and analyzes all monthly grant expenditures, program budget projections and progress made to fulfill all program cost sharing commitments including the preparation of accurate and timely federal financial reports.
- Ensures compliance with programmatic objectives, financial obligations and requirements as outlined in the contracts and grant agreements.
- Prepares and reviews journal entries and adjustments to be posted to general ledger.
- Prepares standard statutory, regulatory and GAAP financial and/or accounting reports.
- Analyzes and reconciles accounting data and transactions.
- Responds to inquiries for solutions to difficult accounting problems or for information or interpretation from third parties such as banks, auditors, vendors and governmental entities.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of pending audit actions.
- Develops, monitors and maintains budget and financial records for a department or unit.
- Creates and maintains a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Remains abreast of current trends and developments in the accounting field.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or higher in accounting or business curriculum from an accredited college or university
- Two years of experience performing complex general ledger account reconciliations
- Two years of experience preparing journal entries
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using PeopleSoft or other financial accounting systems for data retrieval, queries and system output reports
- Experience preparing federal or other financial status reports
- Experience analyzing and reconciling accounting data and transactions
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills