500 Tech Parkway Atlanta, GA 30332
- Process federal and state employer tax payments along with reporting ? Perform reconciliations on employee benefit accounts
- Analyze and propose corrections to employee benefit deduction issues
- Process retirement plan contributions
- Set up new tax accounts with various jurisdictions as needed
- Other analytical or processing duties related to employee benefits or payroll
- Communicate with employees as needed
- Occasional administrative duties
- Supervise/coordinate the formulation and administration of unit(s) budget; prepare financial forecasts.
- Oversee preparation and distribution of unit financial reports.
- Oversee maintenance of accounting and financial records including chart of accounts.
- May supervise accounting related activities associated with sponsored projects to include establishment through closeout.
- Administer and interpret Institute and unit accounting policies and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- May review and approve incoming and outgoing invoices.
- Organize unit accounting staff, define responsibilities, monitor and direct staff activities.
Required skills and experience:
- 5 years’ experience in performing the duties above with a degree in accounting.
- Payroll/Payroll tax understanding and experience is a must.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience is a must.
- We prefer someone that has worked for organizations with more than 1, 000 employees. PeopleSoft experience would be a plus.
- This person would need strong organizational skills.
Pay range: $23-$26 per hour
Projected duration of assignment: 12 months