2 Peachtree Street NW 40th Floor Atlanta, GA 30303
6 month assignment
$19.23-$24.04 an hour
Excel Test is required
- Applies generally accepted accounting principles in the recording of financial activity in PeopleSoft TeamWorks and varied subsystems.
- Processes and ensures expenditures are accurately charged to appropriate accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Enters and monitors vendor payments by observing discount opportunities; verifying tax information; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances;
- Analyzes, reconciles and evaluates the accuracy of the general ledger, accounting details, revenues, expenditures and financial reports.
- Responds to inquiries for solution of complex accounting issues from vendors and other State affiliated entities.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer – focused orientation when conducting business and providing services to internal and external customers
- Prepares and records asset, liability, and revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account balances and reconciling account.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Master' s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND One year of professional accounting experience OR Bachelor' s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND Two years of professional accounting experience OR Bachelor' s degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence from an accredited college or university AND Three years of professional accounting experience. Note: Some positions may require certifications.
Agency' s preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed below possess the following:
• Advance knowledge of PeopleSoft Accounts Payable Module
• Knowledge of State Accounting Office Travel Regulations
• Knowledge of CONCUR
• Strong judgment and decision making abilities
• Intermediate skill level in the use of Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Goal and task oriented