2 Peachtree Street NW 40th Floor Atlanta, GA 30303
Accountant 3 needed in Atlanta for approximately 6 months. $19.00-$24.00 per hour depending on background and experience.
- Applies generally accepted accounting principles in the recording of financial activity in PeopleSoft (TeamWorks) and varied subsystems.
- Analyzes, reconciles and evaluates the accuracy of the general ledger to account receivables and account payables subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares draw adjustments on federal grants by analyzing cash, revenue and expenditure transactions.
- Maintains general ledger by reviewing and adjusting financial transactions of subsidiary ledger balances and reconciling accounts.
- May assist in development of policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer – focused orientation when conducting business and providing services to internal and external customers
- May serve as lead accountant.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Master' s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND One year of professional accounting experience OR Bachelor' s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND Two years of professional accounting experience OR Bachelor' s degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence from an accredited college or university AND Three years of professional accounting experience. Note: Some positions may require certifications
Experience and Required Skills:
- Knowledge of the relationship of general ledger balances and its subsidiary ledger balances and reconciliation of source data to accounting modules.
- Ability to review vendor reports, source documents, bank statements and financial reports.
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide support and respond to requests from auditors, management, and team members.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel- knowledge of working with queries, exporting and importing data, preparing pivot tables, and performing Vlookup. Skills tests will be given as part of the interview.