2 Peachtree Street NW 40th Floor Atlanta, GA 30303
Pay rate: $ 19.24 – 24.04 pay based on experience.
6 month assignment
Schedule: Full time, Monday- Friday, 8-5
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Georgia Department of Community Health, Financial Management Division, is seeking a qualified Accountant 3 responsible for performing professional accounting duties associated with analyzing, reconciling, and recording financial data.
- Record various revenue collection deposits
- Analyze and validate recorded transactions timely
- Research various transactions timely
- Review and monitor daily activity in the bank accounts
- Record deposits within three business days
- Record adjusting transactions timely
- Prepare multiple wire transfers weekly
- Maintain various spreadsheets for tracking activity
- Complete reconciliations weekly
- Scan supporting documents weekly
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of master’ s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND one year of professional accounting experience OR Completion of a bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence AND Three years of professional accounting experience
Preferred Qualifications: Professional level work experience recording financial activity in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards, and statutory accounting requirements, Demonstrated experience utilizing Excel at an intermediate level, database, and other related application