Sr Financial Analyst
xxxxxxx Atlanta, GA 30328
Current Job Title:
Senior Financial Analyst
Proposed external Job Title:
Senior Financial Analyst
(Briefly, why does this job exist?):
To perform budgeting, forecasting and analysis and assist with the preparation of materials necessary to facilitate strategic and financial decision making for senior management and the board of directors of the company and its joint ventures. The job will also have ad hoc responsibility for the preparation of strategic analyses that include financial modeling of potential acquisitions, dispositions and other material transactions. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Treasurer and will work closely with other professionals throughout the organization.
(Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Education, and Physical Requirements):
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- MBA a plus
- 4 - 6 years of related experience preferred with a strong emphasis on financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficiency in Excel (Advanced level) and other Microsoft Office applications.
- IBM Cognos (TM1) experience a plus
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, possess excellent relationship building skills, and be a results-oriented professional whose style fits into a team environment
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize comprehensive, relevant financial data quickly
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and punctual with deadlines
- Must be organized and able to multi-task and manage time and projects effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Responsibilities: (5 to 8 major responsibilities of the job):
% Of Time
- Maintain and prepare financial projections including long-term financial planning, quarterly, annual and long-term budget forecasting, and dividend coverage analytics.
- Assist with the design and preparation of materials for presentation to senior management and to the Board of Directors.
- Support acquisition and divestiture analysis, including updating financial projections model to reflect said activity
- Develop and maintain reports for lenders, joint ventures, inventory, assets and other activities
- Develop and maintain tools and applications that leverage existing models and address future needs
- Assist in the fulfillment of organizational and financial analytical requests, industry benchmarking and other evaluation projects with critical timelines