Help Desk Specialist
400 Interstate North Parkway Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30339
The Help Desk Specialist provides end user support on a variety of technical issues. The technician identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves technical problems. Responds to requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors incidents to ensure a timely resolution. The Service Desk Technician helps the organization improve their efficiency by ensuring technical equipment, hardware, and software are continually updated to meet organizational needs.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and resolution of technology related issues involving workstation hardware, software, printing, connectivity and email.
- Ensures the optimization of uptime, performance, resource utilization and security.
- Works with both internal and external clients to resolve incidents.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution for the IT infrastructure – this includes but is not limited to hardware, software, telecommunications, business applications, customer connectivity, etc.
- Configures and sets up workstations and laptops.
- Participates in troubleshooting and quickly arrives at workable solutions. Advises others on the resolution and solutions to those issues.
- Monitors and maintains the administration of backups.
- Facilitates system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Maintains an updated knowledge of new technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Solid Windows and Mac OS knowledge.
- Solid experience with network infrastructure and technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and client presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization’ s Mission, Vision and Values
- Bachelor’ s degree, technical certifications or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Platform.
- Strong computer troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to pass a reference and background check.
- 2+ years of experience in a help desk environment
- Experience with Navision
- A+ Certification
- Spanish language a plus