Grant and Contract Coordinator
200 Piedmont Ave SE - West Tower, 10th Floor Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Our customer in downtown Atlanta needs a Grants Accountant. This is currently scheduled to be a long-term temporary role. Monday-Friday, first shift, pay rate $21.50
Department Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidance
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting procedures, financial reporting practices, and governmental accounting
- Knowledgeable of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Ability to prepare accurate accounting entries and adjustments
- Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup and macros). You will be given a skills test
- Experience with Federal grants and Federal grant reporting
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, problem solving and time management skills
- Reviews and analyzes appropriate files, records, information or other material necessary to generate accurate and completeness of financial reports.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials required
Bachelor' s degree in business administration, accounting or finance from an accredited college or university AND at least two years of experience working with accounting, grants, or a closely related area.