PO Box 57 1551 Juliette Road Stone Mountain, GA 30083
Makes Social Security disability determinations under an agreement with the Social Security Administration. Provides professional disability adjudication for Social Security Administration disability applicants. Independently makes eligibility determinations on all types of disability claims involving all categories of disabilities; and performs other duties as required.
Under direct supervision, performs a wide range of office administration duties for assigned Disability Hearing Officers. May research and investigate program issues related to the processing of Social Security (Title II) or Supplemental Security Income (Title XVI) disability benefits cases. Provides assistance to internal and external customers.
- Serves as liaison (first line of contact with) external customers to include claimant, Field Office staff, Attorney Rep, etc.
- Checks DHU voice mailbox daily.
- Prep cases for Disability Hearing Officer (DHO). Checks address, print queries, completes 887, and creates letters. Transfer cases to DHO on case assignment date.
- Creates Appointment notices upon receiving the hearing schedule from DHO.
- Greets the hearing participants and escorts the witness to hearing room.
- Completes determinations on closed cases.
Qualifications and Skills:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’ s degree from an accredited college or university OR Two years of related experience.