Accounts Receivable Specialist
5555 Glenridge Connector Suite 700 Atlanta, GA 30342
Our customer near Perimeter Mall needs an AR Specialist. This is a temporary assignment paying $17.00 per hour. The work hours are 8: 00-4: 30. This job is scheduled to start as soon as Monday, July 16th so apply now.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines for different states including Medicare, state Medicaid and workers comp.
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
- Check insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Enter information necessary for insurance claims such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers, and provider information. Ensure claim information is complete and accurate.
- Submit clean insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Follow up with insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims. Resolve issue and re-submit claims.
- Prepare appeal letters to insurance carrier when not in agreement with claim denial. Collect necessary information to accompany appeal.
- Post insurance and patient payments using medical claim billing software.
- For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepare and submit secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer. Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- Verify patient benefits eligibility and coverage.
- Ability to look up ICD diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from online service or using traditional coding references.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational skills, and be comfortable communicating via phone.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work collaboratively among internal and external departments, as applicable to identify and help resolve enterprise-wide challenges
- Demonstrated ability to accurately type 30 wpm
- Demonstrated service and success in teamwork and consistent high productivity and quality
- Assist the Customer Service team in taking patient phone calls.